Date:      Sun, 9 May 1999 13:45:46 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Samba performance?

	My turn to chime in here.  I have similar problems with my samba
setup.  I have a 100BaseT network, and can get consistent 5000kb/sec through
FTP (I assume this is a disk limitation).  Any transactions that use samba
are significantly slower, usually 5x to 10x slower.  So obviously this is a
samba tuning issue.  I'll be darned if I can find anything that helps me
though.  I have checked out the 2 performance text files in
/usr/local/share/docs/samba/ to no avail.

	(yes I have DMA mode turned on)

	So if there is a solution to this, I'd be interested to hear it to.

	-Chris