Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:09:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      P Lynch <lynch@rush.net>
To:        simple <simple@gte.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: All Wierd and Pissed Off...

first, FreeBSD does not allow logins at root from remote locations. FOr
obvious security reasons.

Second if you need to access the root account remotely, consider adding an
account for yourself, adding yourself to the "wheel" group in /etc/groups
and then using 'su -' to make yourself the root user. RedHat (and linux in
general) does not particularly care about security out of the box.

3)cat /etc/passwd gives you a list of accounts

4) it is possible to limit with permissions and/or chroot where a
person can log into and see by ftp

5) I use qpopper, source can be found on qualcomm's ftp site or I
think theres some kind of 'popper' port in /usr/ports

-Pat

Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
Systems Administrator					Rush Networking