Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 14:35:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Mike Poore <michaelp@wilmington.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd

Change your password.  Now.  You sent it in your message!

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Mike Poore wrote:

> in ppp.conf i put :

It should be formatted like so, with wrapped lines actually on one line:

default:
	set device /dev/cuaa0
	set speed 115200
	disable lqr
	deny lqr
	set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\ CARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATE1Q0
OK-AT-OK \\dATDT \\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"

pmdemand:
	set phone 7636586
	set login "TIMEOUT 5 ogin:-\\r-ogin: michaelp word: yourpassword"
	disable pred1
	deny pred1
	set timeout 0
	set redial 1 10

> can u give me an example of /etc/ppp/ppp.conf correctly? also do i need
> ppp.secret?

you don't need ppp.secret, no.

Also see http://www.freebsd.org/~brian/userppp.html and the PPP tutorial
on the web pages: http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/.