Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 1996 07:34:24 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Richard Toren <rpt@miles.sso.loral.com>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CallerID ?

Richard Toren wrote in message ID
<Pine.SUN.3.91.960614200240.7038A-100000@miles>:
> Amancio, Hello again;
>
>   About a year ago I was playing with callerID. What I wanted to do was
> integrate it into login to check the incomming number before answering
> the phone. I was using a Practical Peripherals 14400FXMT modem that
> claimed to have the service (could return the number as a string) builtin.

Hi

May I ask what you used to interrogate the CallerID string out of the
modem? There is only one teleco in the UK (well, losely speaking)
which provides the actual copper which goes into your house, so it
should (in theory) be possible for me to do the same with my USR? Or
does USR not work with the CallerID stuff?

Gary