Date:      15 Aug 2001 13:18:20 -0700
From:      swear@aa.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best Recommended Practice for Starting Daemons During Boot

The first think I do is something like "grep -i dhcp /etc/{defaults,}/*"
and investigate a few files.  A very quick look says you might be able
to use "dhcp_program" and "dhcp_flags" for your server if you don't
need them for a client, but you could copy the scheme too.  Check it
out better than I did.  Then there's /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ which I see
the xemacs port has put something into.