Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 11:58:21 -0600
From:      Invis <invis@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   key mapping problems

	I have a win95 keyboard, and am trying to make use of the three
extra keys that come with it. I went into xev, to get the scancodes for
these keys, which turned out to be 115, 116, and 117. I think did the
following:

kbdcontrol -d > mymap

and added:

107-114: all nops

115 nscr   nop   nscr   nop   nscr   nop  nop   nop  nop   O
116-117: more junk

After adding keymaps like this, I press the keys, and it seems that it
*should* take me to the next vty, but nothing happens, it just does
nothing or beeps.

Can anyone help me get these keys to work? Also, how do I put them to good
use in X11?

Thanks in advance...
invis
invis@visi.com