Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 22:57:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: -current, goliath, smp -- problems

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Steve Passe wrote:

> rtld was broken on december 3rd, causing emacs to die.  OI think it was
> fixed by the 5th or 6th.
>
> I'm at a loss about the other 2 problems.  They may be related to 4 CPUs,
> but I have been TOTALLY unsuccessful in getting access to a 4 CPU
> machine for testing.  Show of hands, anyone successfully running SMP on 4
> or more CPUs?

<off topic>
Speaking of more CPUs, did anyone catch the release of HP's newest SMP
server?  An 8 CPU (I'm assuming PPro) *drool*.  I'm assuming it comes with
gobs of ram and disk space, and it amusingly enough looked like an
overgrown dot-matrix printer with no paper.  I didn't realize there were
production machines with more than 4 Intel CPUs *drool*.

- alex