Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:36:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      William Melanson <wjm@gate.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Korn Shell key mapping question

Sorry if this question might not be 100% applicable to the bsd os.

I grabbed and installed the official AT&T release of KornShell 93
binaries yesterday. All seems to work well except for one minor mystery.

In order for users to be able to use the arrow keys to remember last
commands typed must emacs be avaialble?

This is within users .kshrc:

# Enable arrow keys for emacs-style command-line editing
alias __A='^P'
alias __B='^N'
alias __C='^F'
alias __D='^B'
alias __H='^A'

Any ideas what I'm overlooking here. Is there a different set of
keystrokes that function the same as the arrow keys in question?

thanks much

- Bill