Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:13:37 -0600
From:      Jason McNew <jase@clearsail.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Perl File::Find problem

I'm trying to use the File::Find module in Perl 5 and for some reason it
refuses to search through my fat32 mouted dirs.   Observe the folowing
code:

use File::Find;
&find(\&ismp3, '/d','/c','/usr/home');

sub ismp3 {
    if(/mp3/i) { push @mp3list, $File:Find:name; }
}

It works exactly as expect but only under /usr/home.  It quietly skips
over /c and /d which are both fat32 partitions.  After removing the
'/usr/home' for testing, I found that it claims to have searched /c and
/d in under .2 seconds, when using `find /c` as I used to do usually
takes a full 80 seconds.
I checked to make sure that they are in fact mounted; they are.  I'm not
sure if it's aproblem with the module it's self or in the way it
interacts with the os.  I'm running FreeBSD 3.0-stable CVSup'ed about 3
days ago and using the version of perl compiled with it (5.002_02).  Any
ideas?