Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:43:23 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Jason L. Schwab" <jlschwab@jlschwab.com>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   login failure question

Hiya;

	I run multiple servers running FreeBSD 4.X-S (most of them 4.3-S).
	Lately, I have been getting alot of brute force attemps to login
	into my machine, not that I care, because they dont have a chance
	of logging in, also I have been getting alot of port scans, well
	the port scans I took care of via portsentry and ipfw (freebsd's
	firewall).

	What I am wondering is, is there a way, for like after 10 invalid
	logins from the same host/ip (mask?) can I have login run a ipfw
	command and block them for like 24 hours or something? I can do
	the 24 thing, I just need to know how to have login run whatever
	script I want it to call.

	Thanks a million.

-

 Jason L. Schwab --> <jlschwab@jlschwab.com>
Unix Systems Administrator && Perl Programmer
  My PGP Key: finger jlschwab@jlschwab.com

-