Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 2002 14:18:10 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        re-builders@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ia64 RC1 finished

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 01:58:10PM -0800, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> What is the appropriate place in this case; still under development?

/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/ia64/5.0-RC1
  or
/pub/FreeBSD/development/ia64/5.0-RC1
  or
/pub/FreeBSD/releases/ia64/5.0-RC1

The choice is really up to you and Peter depending on how mature you
think this IA64 snapshot really is.  Any of those three locations
would be fine with me.  The directory name sets an expectation, and
I'm not sure what expectation you want people to have of the IA64
bits, so I'll defer the decision to you. ;)

Also, you should put READMEs in the other two directories that you
don't choose to point people to the right place if they're looking for
IA64 bits.

      - Murray