Date:      Fri, 28 May 2004 20:08:05 -0400
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   SpamAssassin Port (setuid issues)...

Has anyone noted problems with "spamd" not being able to properly setuid
to various users?

I seem to be having this problem (FreeBSD-4.10) -- I've had to shut off
per-user configuration to stop the failures... I've also had to adjust
and readjust the permissions in /var/spool/spamassassin to get the db
functions to work properly.   I do use spamass-milter, but I don't
believe there are conflicts here -- when I use spamd configured properly
(with the right user and permissions) and even as root, it still
generates errors about not being able to access per-user configuration.

Sorry if that's too general of a description - I simply haven't been
able to narrow down the problem.