Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 1999 15:04:49 +0100
From:      "Greg Quinlan" <greg@qmpgmc.ac.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: reboot by itself??!!

My machine reboots aswell but I wasn't doing any washing!
I don't have any pets or plants either!

That eliminates a couple of possibilities!

It does not appear to be load based!
My server has 5 10/100Mb xl? cards does just about everything on the
network, and is heavily loaded.
(It is more likely to reboot when it's idle.)

I have switched on verbose logging for the firewall.

I have compiled a new kernel with
options "ICMP_BANDLIM"
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE

Now I'll wait!