Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 1995 18:04:37 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Rob Snow <rsnow@legend.txdirect.net>
Cc:        paul@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 and swap

: Interesting.  You may have seen my posts about "how to add swapfile?"
: because my swap kept getting eaten and never flushed.  Last night I did
: a test and started X and everything looked fine until I ran Netscape and
: browsed around.  When I finished my Xserver was 14M.  (in about 45minutes)
:
: BTW, It stayed at 14MB when I exited Netscape.

It won't give memory back to the system.

Also, netscape (at least in some versions) eats huge amounts of server
resources by creating largish pixmaps.  At least that's what I've seen
here with 1.0N.  Purhaps that is your problem?

Warner