Date:      Sat, 02 May 1998 21:48:36 GMT
From:      efinley@castlenet.com (Elliot Finley)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Need help with throughput problems

Hello,
     We are an ISP running FBSD 2.2.6.  We are using
mgetty/pppd/rocket port for the dial up side.  We are connected to our
upstream via an Emerging Technologies ET5025-16 card, and Frame Relay.

     The problem we are having is that when a customer calls in, they
can surf the web, but when they try to download a file, it starts out
ok, but the throughput continuously degrades, until finally it times
out.

     We've had the Frame Relay line checked several times, and I'm not
sure what else to check...

     Any input on this problem, small or large, would be greatly
appreciated.  Our customers are NOT happy.

--
Elliot Finley (efinley@castlenet.com)
President