Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:27:25 +0300
From:      Ruslan Shevchenko <rssh@cki.ipri.kiev.ua>
To:        itojun@itojun.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: about portlint

itojun@itojun.org wrote:

> >>         Okey I will add it.  I should generalize this to check for:
> >>         - direct use of pathname /usr/local
> >>         - direct use of pathname /usr/X11R6
> >>         - direct use of pathname /usr/ports
> >>         in most places in the Makefile.
> >>         What else should we avoid?
> >absolute pathnames in scripts.
>
>         how's this?
>         ftp://ftp.foretune.co.jp/pub/tools/portlint/portlint.pl-1.14

1. As I can understand, you chack pathname in
 PATHSITES, PATHFILES.

what if i have patch, living in directory

ftp.x.y/pub/usr/X11R6/lib/patch-for-foo ?

(of course, probability is low, but exists)

2. How about checkpathname in all files from
  scripts/* (--optional, with WARH) ?

> >(and flag for disable checking for some stupid
> >configuration scripts, as in SR)
>
>         sorry to be dumb, what is referred to by SR?

No, it's I sorry.

 It is my port: pr-3758.

You don't need to look at it, the matter, that the SR
have own configure script, in which prefix must be parameter.

then, in configure i seen the code in next style:

  case $prefix in)
      /opt)
      /usr/opt)
      /usr/local)
      /usr/local/opt)
       *)
          echo "can't configure'
          exit 1
  esac

So, i *must* to write an absolute pathname.

So, I want future, such as:

### ---portlint, do not look at next line--- ###.
PREFIX=/usr/local