Date:      Sun, 06 May 2001 15:25:22 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        "Brian Somers" <brian@Awfulhak.org>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: Netgraph/fxp/pppoe causing system panic in 4.3 stable.

I guess the key question is whether PPPoE should use the interface if
it's not IFF_UP.

If it shouldn't, the interface should drop the data on the floor.

If it should, the interface should just deal with it.

I'd suggest that we should fix the guilty interfaces and
automatically ``ifconfig iface up'' from the rc script.  ppp
shouldn't be bringing the interface up itself.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>