Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 1998 00:12:08 -0600
From:      "Joe" <joe@thebestisp.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Fw: FreeBSD firewall questions

OK... For starters I am not on this group to knock FreeBSD that would be
STUPID. I use FreeBSD and that is why I am on here. As for the hub things  I
concead defeat and am going to try some more testing. The thing is that I
have 3com and SMC hubs here along with a few assorted others and have always
had them top out at about 6Mbps with every card I have tried (and yes the
cables are wired correctly) so at any rate I was not trying to start
anything and I sincerely thought that the information I was giving was
correct. Also several months ago I spoke with a "tech" at 3com about there
officeconnect 10Mbps hub and that is initialy where this theory (the 60%)
began for me. But while I am on this what is the "best" nic?