Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 1996 19:56:05 -0500
From:      rhh@ct.picker.com (Randall Hopper)
To:        edward.ing@utoronto.ca (Edward Ing)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASUS SC200/NEC53C810 PCI SCSI adapter compatibility?

 |I am considering purchasing the ASUS SC200 PCI SCSI adapter.
 |This card is not listed in the Release notes. However
 |it is driven by the NEC53c810 chip and the NEC53c810 card, not
 |the chip, is listed as a compatible device.
 |
 |What are my chances that the ASUS SC200 will work (it cost
 |considerably less that other cards?

Before I purchased mine about a year ago, I heard good reports from the
FreeBSD lists about the support and stability of the ncr 810 driver.  Since
then, I've been very satisified with the card, and for $70 (then) you
couldn't beat it.  Maybe that's still true.

I've got a SCSI ZIP drive hanging off it.  With a SCSI motherboard BIOS
(e.g. Award) like I've got, you can even boot off of it.

Randall Hopper
rhh@ct.picker.com