Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:58:53 +0100
To:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ssh error

Hello,
I recently upgraded from 5.2.1 to 5.3 and I ran into a problem that i
can't seem to solve...
I want to ssh from a local computer to my firewall running sshd.
This used to work without any errors in the past but after the upgrade
I get the following errors on both comps:

Error on ssh computer:
Warning: no access to tty (Bad file descriptor).
Thus no job control in this shell.
(This computer then locks the shell completely)

Error on sshd computer (amadeus):
Dec 1 2:16:17 amadeus sshd[11565]: error: openpty: No such file or
directory
Dec 1 2:16:17 amadeus sshd[11568]: error: session_pty_req: session 0
alloc failed
(I've tried to ssh from the firewall comp to itself resulting in the
same errors)

The login process goes well and there are processes on the firewall
showing that there is a connection.
There's just no shell...

I have device pty in my kernel.
It used to work fine in 5.2.1