Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 12:56:35 +0000
From:      "Dmitry I. Cherkasov" <chd@omega.aval.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-doc%FreeBSD.ORG@relay.ua.net
Subject:   A strange place in the Handbok

Hi!
While reading FreeBSD Handbook I came across a strange (to my opinion)
place in the following file:
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook173.html#408

What I consider strange is:
"To connect:

   1.Dial to the remote host using kermit ( or other modem program )
enter your user name
     and password ( or whatever is needed to enable PPP on the remote
host )
   2.Exit kermit. ( without hanging up the line )
   3.enter:

     /usr/src/usr.sbin/pppd.new/pppd /dev/tty01 19200"
I am not an expert but starting program from "src" directory looks
strange. Anyway my installation lacks /usr/src/usr.bin/pppd.new
directory while pppd binary lays in /usr/sbin.

Drop this letter if what I'm saying is silly :-)
Thanx.
Regards,
                                    Dmitry
                                    chd@omega.aval.kiev.ua