Date:      Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:31:59 +0000
From:      Jase Thew <freebsd@beardz.net>
To:        Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net>
Cc:        "eadler@FreeBSD.org" <eadler@FreeBSD.org>, "swills@FreeBSD.org" <swills@FreeBSD.org>, "gjb@FreeBSD.org" <gjb@FreeBSD.org>, "freebsd@beardz.net" <freebsd@beardz.net>, "pav@FreeBSD.org" <pav@FreeBSD.org>, "freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: "postfix-current" broken on amd64 platform

On 15/11/2011 14:31, Sahil Tandon wrote:
> It was marked broken on a particular architecture, hence the genesis of this thread.  I appreciate that diagnosis is difficult; perhaps Olli's suggestion is helpful in isolating the issue.  I do not know how else to troubleshoot since these pointyhat errors are not - AFAIK - reproducible by others, on either i386 or amd64 platforms.

Hi all,

The install is failing during a call to $wrksrc/conf/post-install.

Taken from the pointyhat logs :

./postconf -d) |egrep -v '^(myhostname|mydomain|mynetworks) '
 >../../conf/main.cf.default
./postconf: fatal: socket: Protocol not supported

Postconf is dying with a fatal socket error. This binary is used in
various places, including $wrksrc/conf/post-install.

There are various tests in this post-install script that will exit with
1 should executing postconf fail for any reason.

Therefore, fixing the reason for postconf throwing a fatal error will
fix the build/install.

What networking/DNS configuration is Pointyhat lacking (or have
sufficiently different to break the socket code inside of postconf)?

Regards,

Jase Thew.