Date:      Mon, 20 May 1996 10:27:40 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        ValTech <valtech@caribnet.net>
Cc:        Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>, terry@lambert.org, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMIT(System Maintenance Interface Tool)

ValTech wrote in message ID
<Pine.BSF.3.91.960518152414.14406A-100000@fb15.caribnet.net>:
> So Mr Palmer,

> When is the SMIT utility going to be available?

The FSMT (FreeBSD System Management Tool) (and no, that's not it's
name, I just made that up as it sounds about right :-) ) will be
available when it's finished, and not before! To my mind at least,
there are still some fundamental interface requirements to be worked
out, as I'm not convinced that the path Jordan is advocating currently
is the right one.

Gary