Date:      Sat, 19 Mar 2005 05:41:44 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/78240: Replace <literal> with <quote> around a #

On 2005-03-18 07:51, Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 09:50:32AM +0000, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>>          (element literal
>>  	  (make-sequence
>>  	    (literal "``")
>>  	    (process-children)
>>  	    (literal "''")))
>>
>>  I'm not very acquainted with DSSSL, so this may be wrong.  The general
>>  idea is that all <literal> elements will automagically quote their
>>  contents, so we don't need to <quote></quote> literal stuff.
>
> Yes I like the DSSSL solution.  Your code is correct but you may
> prefer (next-match) to (process-children) if the intention is to add
> quotes in ADDITION to the default formatting (monospace font?).  Your
> current code uses quotes INSTEAD of the default formatting.

You're right.  I wanted the quotes _in addition_ to any formatting
already there.  Many thanks for the DSSSL help :-)

I've been planning to experiment with this in various output formats for
a while, but didn't get around to it.  Knowing the correct way to do
this, is certainly helpful.

BTW, where does one go to learn more about DSSSL these days?

- Giorgos