Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 04:22:56 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Jeff Shevlen <jshevlen@passedpawn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup release info

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

Jeff Shevlen wrote:

> Thanks guys,
>=20
> I thought my source directory looked markedly bigger after
> downloading!
>=20
> Giorgios, I did look at UPDATING and it doesn't mention anything as
> mundane as what versions you've downloaded.

El cheapo trick to get the version of the installed system (not the
sources, but the RUNNING system version):

	$ ( echo '#include <sys/param.h>' ; echo __FreeBSD_version ) | cpp -E - | =
tail -1
	500028

And the same trick for the sources of /usr/src/sys:

	$ grep '#define[[:space:]]*__FreeBSD_version' /usr/src/sys/sys/param.h | a=
wk '{print $3}'
	500029

(Yes, don't ask.  I do need to build world soon again, there has been
a version bump, since I last compiled my -CURRENT :P)

--=20
Giorgos Keramidas . . . . . . . . . keramida@{ceid.upatras.gr,freebsd.org}
FreeBSD Documentation Project . . . http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/
FreeBSD: The power to serve . . . . http://www.freebsd.org/