Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 1998 20:41:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jan Koum <jkb@best.com>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: "Best" Fast Ethernet Card

	I am moving this question to -questions just because it really has
nothing to do with hackers. :)

% dmesg | grep fxp
fxp0 <Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100B Ethernet> rev 1 int a irq 11 on
pci0:11
fxp0: Ethernet address 00:a0:c9:25:08:04
% ifconfig -a
fxp0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet 209.24.x.x netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 209.24.x.255
        ether 00:a0:c9:25:08:04
        media: autoselect

	The question I have is: in the ethernet card bios the card is set
to 10BaseT and half-duplex. But if I do:
# ifconfig fxp0 media 10BaseT/UTP up
# ifconfig -a
fxp0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet 209.24.x.x netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 209.24.x.255
        ether 00:a0:c9:25:08:04
        media: 10baseT/UTP

	So, should I worry much about it? Should I add the "ifconfig
fxp0 media" command to /etc/rc.local or should I just leave it alone with
"media: autoselect"?

-- Yan