Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 14:08:15 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>, dima@tejblum.dnttm.rssi.ru, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: msdosfs win95 long file name support

> Is there a possibility that you guys can make a version of teh netbsd
> code that is clean enough to be acceptable to dima and friends?
>
> :)

That's only one of the possible options and I wouldn't want it to
preclude consideration of the 2nd, which is to add FAT32 support to
what Luoqi has already done.  It's less important to get something in
immediately than it is to get something in which will be *supported*
for awhile and, if our past track record is anything to go by, we've
not been much good at tracking any of NetBSD's more significant
subsystem changes.  If someone's more enthusiastic about a home-grown
solution then I'd be more inclined to bank on enthusiasm than on any
particular source.

					Jordan