Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 13:16:39 +0930 (CST)
From:      james <wabit@adl.ussr.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsuping - make world, etc etc

Howdy,

I'm running 4.0 release, and wish to change it to stable........

I've had a brief look at /usr/share/examples/stable-supfile, and what
confuses me is what do I select to download! - I'm on a connection that I
pay per meg (argh), and well, I only want the stuff that I need...

I've been told I need to do a make world to go up to stable, but there is
no information (that I've been able to find) which actually explains what
this entails....

ie, I want to keep sshd working - where/how do I make sure I include the
source for this to make sure that it is included (and therefore included
in a make world)...

The information about the versions seems cryptic?;

# The following line is for 3-stable.  If you want 2.2-stable, change
# "RELENG_3" to "RELENG_2_2".
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3
*default delete use-rel-suffix

but I want 4.0 stable? - is there some form of up to date list? - the
handbook only mentions up to;

(http://www.au.freebsd.org/handbook/synching.html)
"RELENG_3
The line of development for FreeBSD-3.X, also known as FreeBSD-STABLE"

How can I get a list of what is available to cvsup my source trees up to?

Does someone have an easy to follow tutorial on how to do this, that
actually has instructions in english? :-)

Any help, gratefully received...

regards

james
(extremely confused and lost with makeworld)

--
         |          James            |