Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 22:53:27 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        "Andy Schweig" <aes@stg.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, SBS Project Staff <sbsproj@stg.com>
Subject:   Re: Major number request

Fort the musycc and if_mn drivers I ended up giving the nodes names
from the physical location on the pci bus, so they are called
things like:
	sync-0-10-0
	sync-0-9-0
etc.

I wouldn't mind if we could standardize the interface in general btw,
it would make it a lot easier for FreeBSD users if they can just plug
in a supported card and see things work the same, nomatter which card.

I'm not saying that the way I designed the interface for the musycc or
if_mn are ideal, but at least they work in production...

Poul-Henning