Date:      Mon, 01 Nov 1999 10:22:27 -0600
From:      Chris Manjoine <chris-manjoine@uiowa.edu>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   encryption in freebsd

--=====================_6640378==_.ALT

I have resently updated my freebsd from 3.2 to 3.3.
I got everything put back in place and everything runs fine except for logins
I found out after comparing a new login that works to the old logins in the
master.passwd file that the encryption is different I think I am using DES
encryption rather than MD5 is there any way I can convert the MD5 encrypted
logins to DES or can I change the default authentication to MD5?
Chris Manjoine | DSP Webmaster | 335-3019 | chris-manjoine@uiowa.edu | 2B-2
Gilmore

for logins</div>
I found out after comparing a new login that works to the old logins in
the master.passwd file that the encryption is different I think I am
using DES encryption rather than MD5 is there any way I can convert the
MD5 encrypted logins to DES or can I change the default authentication to
MD5?

Chris Manjoine | DSP Webmaster | 335-3019 | chris-manjoine@uiowa.edu |
2B-2 Gilmore<br>