Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 1997 10:29:53 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
Cc:        jdunham@fc.net, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Acrobat Reader for FreeBSD

John S. Dyson:
 |jdunham@fc.net:
 |> What version of Acrobat Reader works with FreeBSD and where might I go to
 |> acquire it?  Adobe's site does not seem to contain anything close enough,
 |> although the acroread startup script claims one of the options is for
 |> Intel/BSDi.
 |>
 |The Linux version appears to work fine on recent versions of FreeBSD.

That I've tried, the Linux version runs OK except that it doesn't generate
valid postscript.  This is unfortunate when dealing with encrypted PDFs as
xpdf and ghostscript don't handle encrypted PDFs.

Anyone got a little-known FreeBSD solution for printing encrypted PDFs?

Randall Hopper
rhh@ct.picker.com