Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 2004 00:25:12 +0200
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        Stephane Bortzmeyer <stephane@sources.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [-CURRENT] Nothing more on the console?

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 04:42:22PM -0400, Ken Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 10:37:56PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > On Monday 5 April 2004, at 16 h 15, the keyboard of Ken Smith
> > <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote:
> >
> > > Do you get this initial PROM-related dialog at all?
> >
> > No, I get a complete silence :-(
> >

> I'm afraid the only thing I've seen do that is hardware failure but
> someone else might have a suggestion.

Some changes regarding console selection were commited last weekend
(Creator cards using syscons(4) and uart(4) now should behave as
expected when "keyboard" and "screen" are selected for input-device
resp. output-device in the OpenFirmware but the keyboard is unplugged).
However, if you don't get the firmware output at boot up on any of
the potential console devices all I can think of is unfortunately a
hardware problem, too.