Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 21:53:57 -0500
From:      "Mark S. Reichman" <mark@borg.com>
To:        Rob Hunter <hunterr@iafrica.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mounting fat32 partitions

Rob Hunter wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm running 3.1-RELEASE. I currently have 2 hard drives and a cd-rom
> drive. The 2 drives are setup as primary master and slave, and the cd-rom
> drive is setup as secondary master.
>
> The problem that I'm having is trying to mount a fat32 (win98) partition
> (2nd hard drive - primary slave).

wdo = primary master
wd1 = primary slave
wd2 = secondary master
wd3 = secondary slave

Try....

$ mount -t msdos /dev/wd1s1 /mnt

This will mount the first parition of the primary slave to directory /mnt.
If your fat32 is on another partition of wd1, max partitions is 4, set s1,s2,s3,s4 appropriately.
Change /mnt to any directory you like that makes sense.
I created /dos/c and /dos/d .... See /etc/fstab below.

My partial /etc/fstab below...

1) cd-rom is first
2) Primary Master partition 1 is second
3) Primary Slave  partition 1 is third
4) Iomega zip on ppbus.. Parallel port.. is fourth

/dev/wcd0c              /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
/dev/wd0s1              /dos/c          msdos   rw              0       0
/dev/wd1s1              /dos/d          msdos   rw              0       0
/dev/sd0s4              /dos/zip        msdos   rw              0       0

> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> --Rob

                    \|/
                   (@ @)
  |   Mark S. Reichman        FreeBSD    |
  |    mark@borg.com        Got source?  |
  |      May the source be with you!     |