Date:      Tue, 24 Jan 1995 12:39:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        phk@ref.tfs.com (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Subject:   Re: disklabel (1.1.5.1), partitions

> > >2117025    1819 cyl 15 heads  77 sec
> >
> Does anybody have anything remotely close to a good reason for not nuking
> the above printf in sd.c and always report a 32/64/X geometry ??

People using extended translation?  People wanting to know what the geometry
reported by the disk really is (You can get a better idea of what the
max possible bandwidth of the drive is this way).

If we can always determine the translated geometry correctly, then I would
suggest printing that at the time the SCSI bus is attached.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1