Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 23:19:25 +0100 (CET)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>, <net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I have delayed ACK problems

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> <<On Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:14:03 -0600 (CST), Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com> said:
>
> The important part was the
> 	if (callout_pending(tp->tt_delack)) {
> 		tp->t_flags |= TF_ACKNOW;
> 	}
>
> bit.  This causes us to ack immediately where previously we would just
> delay an already-schedule delayed ack.

Yep, that does it.  Simple.  Elegant.  I see now why my (bloated
unintelligible) patch worked, it also didn't reset the timer when a
delayed ack might have already been pending.

OK, there are other parts of the code that do the same thing
(TCP_REASS, SYN was ACKed, et. al.) but if no one objects, I'll
send-pr the patch to be commited.

Thanks everybody!!
-Paul.