Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:43:34 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Consistant buildworld Segmentation fault at '===> gnu/usr.bin/cc/cpp' after latest RELENG_5 cvsup

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 10:57:17AM -0800, Doug White wrote:
> On Mar 9, 2005, at 10:50 AM, Aaron Daubman wrote:
>
> >Any suggestions as to what to change HT settings to - or if that's a
> >worthwhile avenue to go down?
>
> Opterons don't support HyperThreading, so there will be no option to
> turn it off.

He's speaking of changing some of the HyperTransport BIOS knobs.  Such as
down clocking the links.

Aaron, it is not normal to have to down clock the HT links.  From reading
the thread so far, I don't have any good suggestions yet.  Other than
maybe give Solaris 10 a try and see if it catches any errors.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)