Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 2002 13:49:30 -0500
From:      "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>, "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Help required for dynamic DNS home network, please

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stacey Roberts" <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To: "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2002 11:43 AM

>The thing is pointing my browser to my newly registered domain name
>seems to try connecting to the router., instead of my gateway machine,
>running ddclient. The router's the SMC Barricade with NAPT set (won't
>work with anything else set).
>
>Can someone please provide me with some information / assistance with
>this?
>
>Thanks to all that might respond!
>
>Cheers.
>
>Stacey

It seems to be doing what it's told.  The outside interface of the router
is closest to the ADSL modem, right?  For another question, if
you're trying to use FBSD for a gateway, why even have a router?
Is it just additional security (I suppose that would be a reason....)?

Is there no way to tell the Barricade to direct port 80 traffic to
the server?  I have a LinkSys and this is done easily for up
to 8 to 10 protocols --- point to the router from inside, log
in, point and click to configure...

Kevin Kinsey

PS:  I'm assuming this picture of your setup

WAN--->ADSL ---> router ---> FBSD gateway --> LAN