Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 1996 13:29:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@Mcs.Net>
To:        apg@demos.net (Paul Antonov)
Cc:        apg@demos.net, guido@gvr.win.tue.nl, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: patch against SYN floods (RED impl.)

> In message <199609271937.VAA02005@gvr.win.tue.nl> Guido van Rooij
>     writes:
>
> >> I've tested in on SYN attacks with over 1000pps rate, and it works
> >> reasonably well.
>
> >Seeing your patch: isn't it much quicker to walk down the so_q0 list and
> >get the pcb's from there?
>
> Surely, I just found why I was unable to do it - in the body of loop
> I've written tp = sototcpcb(so) instead of tp = sototcpcb(sp) and was
> much confused to see all sockets on LISTEN state :) I hate do things on
> the run, but sometimes you need to ...

(patch elided)

I see that the tail drop patch has been committed to -CURRENT.

Are there plans to commit this one in its place?

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1 from $600 monthly; speeds to DS-3 available
			     | 23 Chicagoland Prefixes, 13 ISDN, much more
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | Home of Chicago's only FULL Clarinet feed!