Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 17:56:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dmitry Kohmanyuk <dk@dog.farm.org>
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu (John Fieber)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 4.04

In article <Pine.BSF.3.96.971116125847.5795A-100000@fallout.campusview.indiana.edu> you wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Nov 1997, Eric J. Schwertfeger wrote:
> Has anyone else had problems with it?  As with 4.03b8, I
> occasionally had problems with it hanging on exit.  I thought I
> would make sure there wasn't anything around from older versions
> causing problems so I moved my ~/.netscape directory out of the
> way.

I have the same problem (run once, than have it spinning in a loop
consuming lots of CPU with no graphic output).

solution (kludgy, but works):
#!/bin/sh
export XCMSDB; XCMSDB=/dev/null
exec /usr/local/communicator/netscape $@

I got this info forwarded to somebody inside Netscape so hopefully
they would fix it some day.

--
I don't suffer from insanity.  I enjoy every minute of it.