Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 2020 16:13:45 +0200
From:      Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
To:        Josh Howard <bsd@zeppelin.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: State of ROCKPro64?

 Hi Josh,

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 17:55:13 -0700
Josh Howard <bsd@zeppelin.net> wrote:

> I've tried a few times to get my newly arrived ROCKPro64 to work today
> but haven't had much luck. The wiki page is a little sparse - happy to
> update that if we need someone to - and so I'm not sure if those
> instructions are still accurate as of today, but I did try them without
> much luck. So a couple of questions:
>
> - Do you need to use the instructions on
>   https://wiki.freebsd.org/arm64/ROCKPro64 if you're using the latest
>   ROCKPRO64 snapshots? I tried both with just using the dd'd snapshot as
>   well as the instructions to SD card and eMMC and neither worked

 Those instruction should be deleted, u-boot in ports works fine and
the snapshot image too (see below for a fix).

> - Is booting from eMMC working? I tried both an SD card and eMMC with no
>   luck.

 I'll test eMMC soon-ish but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

> - Does HDMI work? I don't have a working UART/USB adapter at the moment,
>   so I can see no output, but not sure if that's expected.

 No, HDMI isn't working so you need uart for now.

> I did boot both Armbian and NetBSD 9.0 and both seemed to work pretty
> well, so I'm sure I'm just missing something on getting FreeBSD to work.
>
> Thanks!

 Note that I've just fixed a bug which prevented booting any arm GPT
image : https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=362010

 Fix this fixed the rockpro image boots correctly.

--
Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com> <manu@freebsd.org>