Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2013 20:55:00 +0200
From:      Matthieu Volat <mazhe@alkumuna.eu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   9.2-RC1, nfe, auto_linklocal : ioctl(SIOCGIFINFO_IN6): Invalid argument

--Sig_/fsKjcEyycydzzRA3_/MOTrT

Hi,

I've noticed that with 9.2-RC1, I cannot set/unset the auto_locallink flag =
on the nfe network interface on my laptop:

# ifconfig nfe0 -auto_linklocal
ifconfig: ioctl(SIOCGIFINFO_IN6): Invalid argument

The error is also raised at boot if net.inet6.ip6.auto_linklocal sysctl is =
set to 0.

I can't test for now if this problem was also present in 9.1 (I've just beg=
an to use this flag instead of removing local addresses in rc.conf), but I =
can give more information if given the commands/files to read.

--
Mazhe