Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2023 16:31:27 +0200
From:      Peter <pmc@citylink.dinoex.sub.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Matthias Andree <mandree@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Periodic rant about SCHED_ULE

Quoting Matthias Andree <mandree@freebsd.org>:

>There is some analogy - not sure if we can learn something from it.  TCP
>(the network's Transmission Control Protocol) has the big overspanning
>item "fairness between streams", and possibly we need to put this into
>focus.

It is a delicate matter there also, and gladly we have plugable
modules to do the job. (On my site only 'vegas' with specific
parameters does give satisfying results - but then it does).

>What I currently fail to understand is why we have not gone to improving
>SCHED_ULE yet.  This seems to be the first time I've paid attention to
>some details.  Have I missed similar discussion in the past?  Or have
>they stalled soonish?

Indeed I don't remember these discussion going into the technical
details inside the scheduler. Maybe nobody (including me) was eloquent
enough to push it there?