Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 1998 10:08:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      steven wesley wilson <swwilso1@students.uiuc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cross Compile Question

I'm compiling gcc-2.7.2.3 on my FreeBSD box for a special project.  I have
to compile it with the following configuration options
--target=i386-unknown-gnu --prefix=/usr/local/osdev

then When I do use gnu make I give the following options
gmake LANGUAGES="c c++" LIBGCC=/dev/null
this step runs fine,

Using a specially compiled version of binutils I do
/usr/local/osdev/i386-unknown-gnu/bin/ar rc libgcc2.a

and finally,
gmake LANGUAGES="c c++" LIBGCC=/dev/null install

Every step but the final works fine.  On the final step, the install dies
saying it can't find the libgcc.a, then stdio.o, etc ...

Does FreeBSD need anything special set up to compile this version of gcc?
Are their any system settings that I could change that would help?

Sincerely,

Steve Wilson
swwilso1@uiuc.edu