Date:      Sun, 01 Apr 2012 15:21:47 -0500
From:      Tim Daneliuk <tundra@tundraware.com>
Subject:   fxp0 Link Going Up And Down

I am seeing this intermittently:

Apr  1 14:48:36 host kernel: fxp0: link state changed to DOWN
Apr  1 14:52:27 host kernel: fxp0: link state changed to UP

This is observed both on some 8.2-STABLE and 8.3-PRERELEASE versions
on the same server.  I have replaced the ethernet cable as well as the
device on the other end (a cable internet box), but the problem
intermittently persists.  It appears not to be a mechanical issue
insofar as I can wiggle the cable at each end and not introduce this
problem.

fxp0 in this case is the on-board NIC of an Intel mobo.

Ideas anyone?
Tim Daneliuk     tundra@tundraware.com