Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 1995 21:47:16 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        phk@critter.tfs.com, terry@lambert.org, phk@freefall.freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fs layering pathces doesn't work.

There, dammit.

Man, it is impossible to do diffs against -current!

The latest full patches which work are now in:

freefall.cdrom.com:~terry/fs_layer_patch.gz

These should fix all the problems in the ancillary file
systems and in the mkdir and link calls (your panic was
in mkdir).

Turns out that some hunks failed in the patching because of the
ROFS changes (which I don't have time to look at right now, so we'll
assume they were fixed corectly by swapping VOP vectors or that
the underlying file system won't puke).

Because they failed locally, they didn't get rolled into the
patch set.

I guess this is the problem with patches that touch lots of files.

Thank *god* I won't need to do something like this again for a while.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.