Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 1997 22:20:05 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        chad@anasazi.com
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stable migration path

>I've got a couple of machines here that are using SUP to track the
>stable world (and now call themselves 2.1.7).  I just loaded up another
>one with 2.2-GAMMA.  Should it track the -current tree?
>
>What will be the migration plan as -stable becomes 2.2 and -current
>becomes 3.0?

I hope that they will create 2.1 and 2.2 targets so that you can switch to
those
long before "stable" changes.  That way, YOU will have control over the time
that you switch. After all, that 2.2 machine won't be changing just because
someone decides to bless 2.2 and call it "stable".
"current" will always basically be un-numbered because 3.0 has not been
split off of the trunk yet. And when it does, "current" will become 3.1 or 4.0
or whatever.