Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:03:18 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Albert Chen <chen6178@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help! Can't detect my Matsushita/Panasonic IDE CDROM.

Albert Chen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Matsushita/Panasonic IDE CDROM, but seems FreeBSD can't detect
> it.
> I add the line "controller      matcd0  at isa? port 0x230 bio" in
> kernel
> config file, but it doesn't work.
> Would anyone tell me how to solve this problem, thanks in advance.

You'd get more help if you include the output from dmesg. Have you tried
``-c'' at the boot prompt and looked for conflicts?

> P.S. I'm using FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE.
>
> Regards,
> Albert.

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

           My homepage http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~markov
Mark Ovens, CNC Apps Engineer,   |    mailto:marko@uk.radan.com
Radan Computational Ltd          |         http://www.radan.com
Bath, England. CAD/CAM solutions | FreeBSD - The Power To Serve
for the Sheetmetal Work industry.|       http://www.freebsd.org