Date:      Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:56:48 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "FreeBSD-Current" <FreeBSD-Current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SMP Problem

On June 6, my SMP system locked up, and I received the following when it
activated the debugger:

mb_look = 00000002; cpuid =0; lapic.id =00000000
instruction pointer                = 0x8:0xf012bc26
stack pointer                       = 0x10:0xf68c5ea4
frame pointer                      = 0x10:0xf68c5ee4
code segment                     = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                                         = DPL 0, pres 1, def 321, gran 1
processor eflags                 = interrupts enabled, IOPL =0
current process                   = 8856 (nntpcached)
interrupt mask                     = <-SMP:XXX
kernel: type 29 trap, code =0
stopped at _soreceive +0x6c2:     movl 0(%ebx),%eax

System Info:
Giga-Byte 586DX
128MB RAM
Two 200MHZ Pentium Processors

nntpcache v2.3.2.1
FreeBSD-Current, CVSUP'd June 4, 98 09:11 CST

Unfortunately, I was unable to get any further Info, as I didn't have a
keyboard attached, and when I did attach the keyboard, the keyboard wouldn't
respond (NOTE: This is a problem with the keyboard, not FreeBSD).

I have been unable to keep a SMP kernel running on this system, it will
usually stay up for a couple of days and then crash.  When I use a UP
kernel, the system will stay up indefinitely.

Scot