Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2022 15:28:03 +0100
From:      Felix Palmen <felix@palmen-it.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to generate a Makefile.depend?

--yr4lmp3iiwo25i2y

I'm trying to add a little tool to my local tree and I'm stuck with
something I *assume* should be simple. As I understand it, there should
be a Makefile.depend in its directory, listing all the dir dependencies,
and this should be somehow auto-generated from .meta files. I just can't
figure out how to do it.

I have this very simple Makefile for it:
---
# $FreeBSD$

PACKAGE=3D	runtime

PROG=3D	pam_unix-helper
MAN=3D	# no manpage, internally used by pam_unix.so

LIBADD=3D	crypt

BINOWN=3D	root
BINMODE=3D4555

=2Einclude <bsd.prog.mk>
---

It builds just fine (using meta mode), so what do I need to do to get
the corresponding Makefile.depend?

TIA, Felix

--=20
 Dipl.-Inform. Felix Palmen  <felix@palmen-it.de>   ,.//..........
 {web}  http://palmen-it.de  {jabber} [see email]   ,//palmen-it.de
 {pgp public key}     http://palmen-it.de/pub.txt   //   """""""""""
 {pgp fingerprint} A891 3D55 5F2E 3A74 3965 B997 3EF2 8B0A BC02 DA2A

--yr4lmp3iiwo25i2y

--yr4lmp3iiwo25i2y--