Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 1995 10:48:43 -0400
From:      "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pseudo device lkm's broken

<<On Wed, 30 Aug 1995 12:34:46 -0700, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com> said:

> Now, why couldn't the kernel stick the symbols in a file on the rootfs
> and free the memory ?  they're not used that much...

<Shudder>

I don't think there's any reason why they couldn't be swapped out,
however.  (But obviously that can't happen before swap space is
actually configured.)  The only problem is that David's panic
traceback wouldn't be possible then.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.